The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County proudly presents A Perfect 2020 Vision, its Annual Spring Gala Awards Dinner, on March 22, 2020 at the Italian Community Center. Since this year's dinner will take place just ahead of our presidential primary (April 7), we expect to feature presidential candidates as our speakers! And to honor this special occasion, formal attire (though optional) is welcome.
Our award categories are:
- Elected Official of the Year>
- Democrat of the Year
- Organization of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
You are invited to make nominations for these honors by following these steps:
- Provide the name and contact information (email and phone number) for the person or head of the organization you are nominating;
- Provide the category you are nominating for;
- Include a paragraph explaining why the person or organization deserves the specific award;
- email the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for nominations is 12 noon on February 29, 2020.
All members of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County are eligible to nominate people or organizations for these honors. It is helpful to have multiple nominations for each award. So get together with other party members to decide who the best recipient might be. The executive committee of the party will deliberate on March 2 and will notify recipients privately on March 3. Public announcements will follow on a rolling basis leading up to the dinner on Sunday, March 22.
You can — and should — purchase your tickets to A Perfect 2020 Vision today! A single ticket costs $75. To sponsor a college student, contribute $75 on his/her/their behalf. You can be a sponsor of the gala for $100 or be a host for $250. Once you have purchased your ticket(s), please communicate the RSVP names and any dietary needs by Friday March 13th, either by email or by calling 414-939-3367.
Host a table for $2500 or sponsor a table for $1000. Please email email@example.com with your name or organization and the names of people who should be seated at the table. We will need any dietary needs of those to be seated at hosted or sponsored tables by March 13th. Purchasers of tables can email or phone 414-939-3367 with the required information.
Help make A Perfect 2020 Vision a night to remember! Purchase a ticket or a table and send in a nomination for one or more awards.
DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY ELECTION RULES
November 2019 Election of Party Officers
1. These rules are established consistent with the Constitution & Bylaws of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County & the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
2. All officers elected shall be for a two-year term. The officers elected shall assume office at the conclusion of the November general meeting.
3. The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County election of party officers will be held on Monday, November 18, 2019.
4. The election will be to elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
5. Any member who has paid their dues as of Wednesday November 13, 2019, will be eligible to vote in the election and/or be a candidate for office.
6. One official ballot will be used for the election with sufficient space for write-in candidates. Persons wishing to have their name on the printed ballot shall submit a declaration of intent to run on or before 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 10, 2019, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The announced candidates will be posted on the DPMC website no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 11, 2019.
7. Candidates will be allowed one nomination speech not to exceed three minutes and one seconding speech not to exceed two minutes. Candidates for Chair will be allowed to speak for no more than six minutes. Candidates for other offices will be allowed to speak for no more than three minutes.
8. A majority of those present and voting shall be sufficient to elect. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, the one with the lowest votes will be dropped and balloting will continue, with the lowest vote getter struck after each ballot, until one candidate gets a majority of the votes. In the event of a tie, balloting will continue until one candidate gets a majority of the votes.
9. Registration will be from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Registration will close at 6:15 p.m. and no person arriving after 6:15 p.m. will be eligible to vote. Anyone still in line when registration closes may receive a ballot.
The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County is united in our effort to elect strong and responsible leaders who are committed to bettering the lives of everyone in Milwaukee and beyond. Sign up to join the DPMC and help us in our efforts to turn Wisconsin blue! We’re ready to win, but we can’t do it without your help. Join Today!
Members of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County are eligible to vote for our officers, vote on resolutions and participate as delegates in Party conventions. And when you join the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County, you automatically become a member of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin (and vice versa).