County party officers are elected every two years. Elections for officers will take place during our membership meeting on November 20. Nominations for all offices are due by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 12. The complete rules for the election of constitutional officers follows:
DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY—ELECTION RULES
NOVEMBER 20, 2017—ELECTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS
- These rules are established consistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County and the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
- All officers elected shall be for a two year term. The officers elected shall assume office at the conclusion of the November general meeting.
- The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County election of constitutional party officers will be held on Monday, November 20, 2017.
- The election will be to elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
- Any member who has paid their membership dues as of Wednesday, November 15, 2017, will be eligible to vote in the election and/or be a candidate for office.
- One official ballot will be used for the election with sufficient space for write-in candidates. Persons wishing to have their name on the printed ballot shall submit a declaration of intent to run for a particular office to:
email@example.com on or before 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 12, 2017.
The announced candidates will be posted on the DPMC website no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 13, 2017.
- Candidates will be allowed one nomination speech not to exceed three minutes and one seconding speech not to exceed two minutes. Candidates for Chair will be allowed to speak for no more than six minutes. Candidates for all other offices will be allowed to speak for no more than three minutes.
- A majority of those present and voting shall be sufficient to elect. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, the one with the lowest vote total will be dropped and balloting will continue, the lowest vote getter shall be struck after each ballot, until one candidate gets a majority of the votes.
- Registration will be from 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm. Registration will close at 6:15 p.m. and no person arriving after 6:15 p.m. will be eligible to vote. Anyone in line when registration closes shall be given a ballot.
Join your fellow Dems for our annual dish to share picnic. The party will provide chili-cheese hotdogs and buns plus paper plates, and beverages (bur if you want beer, byob). Bring a main dish, side, salad, or dessert to share. It's always a fun occasion!
Please RSVP -> HERE
If you would like to help offset the cost, you can donate -> HERE
2828 N Humboldt Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Google map and directions
Monday-Thursday from 10-2 each week our office will be open for members to volunteer to help out candidates and build our party. Stop in at 2999 S Delaware Ave to say hello and see how you can help us build the future. You can also call us at (414)939-3367 to set up a time to come in.