One of six scheduled Democratic primary debates will occur in Wisconsin, the Democratic National Committee said Thursday.
The debate will occur in February or March at an undetermined site. More information is expected to be announced soon.
Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) said the debate schedule reflects the Democratic Party’s diversity and values and will best position Democrats to win the White House next November.
Here's the debate schedule as announced and the host of the event, with each state's Democratic party serving as co-host:
- Oct. 13 – CNN – Nevada
- Nov. 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, Iowa
- Dec. 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, N.H.
- Jan. 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, S.C.
- February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
- February or March – PBS – Wisconsin