Milwaukee County Democrats meet on the third Monday each month to discuss party business, hear speakers on current topics, pass resolutions, and network with other progressives.
County party officers are elected every two years. Elections for officers will take place during our membership meeting on November 20. Nominations for all offices are due by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 12. The complete rules for the election of constitutional officers follows:
DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY—ELECTION RULES
NOVEMBER 20, 2017—ELECTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS
- These rules are established consistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County and the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
- All officers elected shall be for a two year term. The officers elected shall assume office at the conclusion of the November general meeting.
- The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County election of constitutional party officers will be held on Monday, November 20, 2017.
- The election will be to elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
- Any member who has paid their membership dues as of Wednesday, November 15, 2017, will be eligible to vote in the election and/or be a candidate for office.
- One official ballot will be used for the election with sufficient space for write-in candidates. Persons wishing to have their name on the printed ballot shall submit a declaration of intent to run for a particular office to:
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 12, 2017.
The announced candidates will be posted on the DPMC website no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 13, 2017.
- Candidates will be allowed one nomination speech not to exceed three minutes and one seconding speech not to exceed two minutes. Candidates for Chair will be allowed to speak for no more than six minutes. Candidates for all other offices will be allowed to speak for no more than three minutes.
- A majority of those present and voting shall be sufficient to elect. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, the one with the lowest vote total will be dropped and balloting will continue, the lowest vote getter shall be struck after each ballot, until one candidate gets a majority of the votes.
- Registration will be from 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm. Registration will close at 6:15 p.m. and no person arriving after 6:15 p.m. will be eligible to vote. Anyone in line when registration closes shall be given a ballot.
5230 W Bluemound Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53208
Google map and directions