LR the Liberal Redneck here, coming to you from a country that needs a major overhaul of the priorities on how our government spends our tax dollars. Currently the IRS collects $2.4 trillion dollars every year and our elected representatives determine how that money is spent.
- They felt it was better to spend $6 trillion dollars on the Iraq and Afghan wars than providing healthcare and a safe infrastructure for our citizens.
- They felt it was better to spend $13 trillion dollars on Wall Street bailouts than providing adequate public transportation and a first class education for our citizens.
- They felt it was better to spend $38 billion dollars a year on subsidies to big oil companies than it was to provide renewable energy and a clean environment for our citizens.
- They felt it was better to spend $1.5 trillion dollars on a useless fighter plane, the F35, than feeding our poor citizens and providing our veterans and their families with a living retirement.
- They felt it was better to spend $40 million dollars a year on congressional pension benefits than to increase Social Security benefits to our senior citizens.
This is bullshit! It is time to elect representatives whose priorities are the same as every day citizens of our nation, and not just big business. That would be Democrats. In November when the next round of elections takes place, remember how our congress spent our money and vote for Democratic candidates who want a better life for all our citizens.