DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY ELECTION RULES
November 2019 Election of Party Officers
1. These rules are established consistent with the Constitution & Bylaws of the Democratic Party of Milwaukee County & the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
2. All officers elected shall be for a two-year term. The officers elected shall assume office at the conclusion of the November general meeting.
3. The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County election of party officers will be held on Monday, November 18, 2019.
4. The election will be to elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
5. Any member who has paid their dues as of Wednesday November 13, 2019, will be eligible to vote in the election and/or be a candidate for office.
6. One official ballot will be used for the election with sufficient space for write-in candidates. Persons wishing to have their name on the printed ballot shall submit a declaration of intent to run on or before 5:00 p.m. Sunday, November 10, 2019, via email, to email@example.com. The announced candidates will be posted on the DPMC website no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 11, 2019.
7. Candidates will be allowed one nomination speech not to exceed three minutes and one seconding speech not to exceed two minutes. Candidates for Chair will be allowed to speak for no more than six minutes. Candidates for other offices will be allowed to speak for no more than three minutes.
8. A majority of those present and voting shall be sufficient to elect. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of the votes on the first ballot, the one with the lowest votes will be dropped and balloting will continue, with the lowest vote getter struck after each ballot, until one candidate gets a majority of the votes. In the event of a tie, balloting will continue until one candidate gets a majority of the votes.
9. Registration will be from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Registration will close at 6:15 p.m. and no person arriving after 6:15 p.m. will be eligible to vote. Anyone still in line when registration closes may receive a ballot.