Freedom, equity, peace, and prosperity; these are our deepest values. We seek to promote and preserve liberal democratic government everywhere – abroad, in America, and in Wisconsin. To do that, we are working to build a stronger, more progressive Democratic Party.
At its core, a political party is a means to an end. In order to be a force for democracy, a party must function as a democracy. Each of its members must have a voice. Its leaders must be freely chosen by its members and must answer to them. Its program must arise from the free and full competition of ideas among its membership.
Our goal is to maintain and strengthen the Democratic Party in Milwaukee County for the purpose of electing Democrats up and down the ballot.
- We provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among Democrats.
- We recruit and train volunteers at the grassroots level.
- We register voters to increase political participation and the number of Democrats in Milwaukee County.
- We talk to voters – on the phone and at their doors – to persuade them to support Democratic candidates and progressive values.
- We raise money for the Party and for Democratic candidates.
- We identify and cultivate the next generation of leaders in the Democratic Party.
- We represent Milwaukee Democrats at the state and national level within our party
- We supervise all matters relating to the Democratic Party in Milwaukee County.
The Democratic Party of Milwaukee County is focused on empowering citizens with the tools they need to join their friends and neighbors in electing leaders that they believe in and creating a more accountable government for all. We’re ready to win, but we need your help to do it. Let's get to work!